What is Oxygen Absorbers?
Oxygen absorbers are revolutionized to increase the shelf life of food products and pharmaceutical products. The existence of oxygen reduces the shelf life of food and pharmaceutical products and causes oxidative deterioration. Oxygen absorbers perform their action though a chemical reaction process. All absorber packets are used within 15-30 minutes for an extra margin of safety after opening the package, so as any absorber packets that will not be used within approximately 30 minutes.
Food Grade Oxygen Absorber or OxySorb
The small packets of Oxygen absorbers are made of a material that is containing Iron Powder, Bentonite, Activated Charcoal, Sodium Chloride, Resin, Water which do not allow oxygen and moisture to enter the product. When all the iron powder has oxidized, the oxygen absorbers stop to absorb more oxygen from the product.
Pharma Grade Oxygen Absorber or Oxygen Scavenger
Our oxygen scavenger being an iron-free oxygen absorber are made of a material that is containing Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Carbonate, Activated Carbon, Water, Diatomaceous Earth which do not allow oxygen and moisture to enter the product.
Sizes of oxygen absorbers
20 cc, 50 cc, 100 cc, 200 cc, 500 cc, 1500cc, 3000 cc
20 cc, 50 cc, 100 cc, 200 cc
Pre-requisition of using appropriate size(“cc”) of oxygen absorber for your application:
- The volume of the packaging container.
- The altitude & dimension of the packaging.
- Require the packaging container – box or bags, tablet/ capsule bottle
- The density of food item/ medicine you are packaging. The packaging type will decide what size of oxygen absorber fits your packaging.
- The number of packaging materials.
- Void space of the container.