Oxygen absorbers are revolutionized to increase the shelf life of dehydrated food; the existence of oxygen reduces the storage life of food and causes oxidative deterioration. The small packets of Oxygen Absorbers are made of a material that is containing an iron powder and salt, which is not allowed to enter oxygen and moisture. Oxygen absorbers perform their action though a chemical reaction process. When all the iron powder has oxidized, the oxygen absorbers are stopped the absorbing action.
Each packet of oxygen absorbers contains a light pink capsule. This capsule turns to a light blue color when a packet is opened.
The oxygen supports the growth of bacteria, fungi, odors, and causes changes in the color of packaged foods. Thus, the food safe pouches are placed on the foods; they will not harm the food by reducing the aerobic environment to 0% oxygen and aerobic bacteria are unable to grow in this environment. Oxygen absorbers remove oxygen more effectively than vacuum packaging.
All absorber packets are used within 10-15 minutes for an extra margin of safety after opening the package, so as any absorber packets that will not be used within approximately 15 minutes. Each of our packets is contained 50-3000 cc oxygen absorber packets. Each packet measures approximately 2.25″ x 3″ x 1/8″. Our oxygen absorber packets are actually designed to absorb more than twice as much oxygen as what they are rated.
The number of oxygen absorbers is required a number of factors:
- The “cc” size of oxygen absorber packet you are using
- The volume of the packaging container
- The altitude & dimension of the packaging
- Require the packaging container – box or bags
- The density of food item you are packaging. By doing this match, you can perceive that one 500cc absorber is easily done the job
- The number of packaging materials
- Void space of the container.